While your smartphone might be your sidekick in every way imaginable, and while it might come up clutch over and over again, it’s important to disconnect from it at the end of the day in hopes of getting a good night’s sleep.
In the spirit of that thinking, we have come up with some useful phone tricks that will, ideally, help you get a better night’s sleep, which will, of course, lead to you feeling refreshed and ready to go in the morning.
Two things: (1) Use the below tips to your advantage, and (2) here’s to more peaceful slumbers.
RELATED: Times When Your Smartphone Comes Up In The Clutch. Smartphones are amazing. They really, really are. Therefore, never take them for granted, and check out this article to find out how they come up in the clutch.
Incorporate These Phone Tricks In Hopes Of Getting A Better Night’s Sleep
- Turn your phone on silent at night. If you own an iPhone, and if you use your smartphone as an alarm clock, then the alarm should still go off — even if it is on silent.
- If you are worried about family emergencies, then incorporate a do-not-disturb mode during your sleeping hours, AND also allow calls from your favorites when this mode is in effect.
- Place your phone screen down in hopes of light (via notifications, texts, calls, etc.) not disturbing you in the middle of the night.
- Fight the urge that is checking your phone in the middle of the night. Yes, we know you are important, but so is your sleep schedule. You can contact people in the morning when you are fresh off of eight hours of sleep, ready to conquer the day.
- Stop playing on your phone an hour or two before you go to sleep. A bright screen, such as your phone, is not a stimulus for sleep. In fact, the opposite rings true.
- Don’t sleep next to your phone, even if you use it as an alarm clock. In fact, this little trick alone could help you eliminate the bad habit that is hitting the snooze button, because it is easier to stay awake when you are literally forced out of bed to shut off your alarm.
- While we have been urging you to not use your phone in the middle of the night, and to not let notifications/calls/texts disturb your sleep, there are apps that can help you get to sleep, and going down that route might be very beneficial if you are a tosser-and-turner. You can also simply make a playlist that features white noise, nature sounds or music in general that is made for relaxation/sleep.
RELATED: CarbonKlean’s Peeps Will Allow You To Get The Most Out Of Your Eyeglass Lenses. If you are looking to get the most out of your eyeglass lenses, then this article is for you.
To see what CarbonKlean offers, make sure to follow us on Facebook.